The purpose of this form is to create a new owner builder account in the New Home Buyer Protection System and to create a user who will
administer that account in the system. This form is meant to be used by owner builders who do not yet have an owner builder account in the New Home Buyer Protection System.
Owner builder accounts will be given only to those individuals who qualify for Owner Builder Authorization under the New Home Buyer Protection Act.
In order to qualify for Owner Builder Authorization, an individual must:
- intend to reside in the new home for 10 years;
- be the registered owner of the property where the home will be built;
- intend to personally engage in, arrange for or manage all or substantially all of the new home's construction;
- not have contravened the Act;
- not have received an owner builder authorization in the past three years; and
- not been ordinarily resident (only applies to persons 18 years of age or older) in a new home for which another individual was issued an authorization in the past 3 years.
If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you may not qualify for Owner Builder Authorization and may be required to request access
to the New Home Buyer Protection System as a Residential Builder. Please contact the New Home Buyer Protection Office
at 1-866-421-6929 before proceeding with this access request.
If you meet all of the above criteria, enter the first and last name of the person who will be the account owner.
The account owner should be the person who has majority ownership (at least 51%) in the title of the property on which the home will be built.
The name of the account owner will be used to create the name of the owner builder account.
The account owner name entered here cannot be changed during the account creation process.
For this reason, please ensure the name is entered correctly; otherwise, you will have to restart the process.